The SAVEGREEN Project® by New Jersey Natural Gas Earns 2023 ENERGY STAR®Partner of the Year Award
WALL, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) is pleased to announce its energy-efficiency program, The SAVEGREEN Project®, has received the 2023 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
“Energy efficiency is an important first step to creating a clean energy future,” said Steve Westhoven, president and chief executive officer of New Jersey Natural Gas. “Last year alone, The SAVEGREEN Project helped achieve energy savings of nearly 3.5 million therms and reduced CO2 emissions by over 18,500 metric tons. To have SAVEGREEN recognized by the EPA and DOE as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year is a testament to our team and ongoing comment to energy efficiency.”
“As we accelerate historic efforts to address climate change, public-private partnerships will be essential to realizing the scale of our ambition,” said EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan. “I applaud this year’s ENERGY STAR award winners for working with the EPA to deliver a clean energy future that saves American consumers and businesses money and creates jobs.”
Each year, the ENERGY STAR program honors a select group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions in the transition to a clean energy economy. ENERGY STAR award winners lead their industries in the production, sale and adoption of energy-efficient products, homes, buildings, services and strategies. These efforts are essential to fighting the climate crisis, protecting public health and creating a cleaner energy future for everyone.
Winners are selected from a network of thousands of ENERGY STAR partners. For a complete list of 2023 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit energystar.gov/awardwinners.
Since 2009, NJNG has invested nearly $295 million in energy-efficiency programs through The SAVEGREEN Project®, including on-bill repayment and whole house solutions, and helped over 86,500 customers save energy and money, while reducing emissions. For more information, on NJNG’s energy-efficiency programs visit www.savegreenproject.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is composed of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,700 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over 570,000 customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar projects with a total capacity of more than 430 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- Storage & Transportation serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its ownership of Leaf River and the Adelphia Gateway Pipeline, as well as our 50% equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its nearly 1,300 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible, and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions. Thousands of industrial, commercial, utility, state, and local organizations rely on their partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped American families and businesses avoid more than $500 billion in energy costs and achieve more than 4 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas reductions. More background information about ENERGY STAR’s impacts can be found at www.energystar.gov/impacts.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230328005817/en/
KEYWORDS: New Jersey United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Environment Utilities Oil/Gas Sustainability Alternative Energy Energy